Tips On Preparing For A Dance Audition
Auditions for a dancer are very important but more often than not they are the most stressful part of a dancer’s life. Here are some tips to help you prepare for your dance auditions:
- The most important part of a dancer’s day is training. Take them extremely seriously and train hard to ensure that you are ready. Focus on perfecting your technique.
- Be attentive. Listen to your teacher’s criticism and apply them.
- Practice your technique and apply some creativity. Put together a seamless presentation that showcases both your creativity and technical skills.
- Try to remember your combinations.
- Be physically healthy.
- Preparing for an audition should not be a last minute thing, it should be a daily activity.
- Know your schedule and availability before committing to an audition.
- Prepare what you plan to wear to your audition ahead of time.
- Have your audition materials ready and on hand.
- Be well groomed. Do not overwhelm with too much makeup or too much perfume.
- Arrive early. Casting may need you to fill out paperwork or you may need the extra time to calm your nerves.
- Find a place to warm-up.
- Stay focused and pay close attention to the instructions given.
- Make a very strong First Impression.
Echo Contemporary Dance Co., located in Austin, TX, is looking for male and female dancers with a strong foundation in modern dance. Echo’s choreography is rooted in the Charles Weidman technique. Rehearsals will take place every Sunday from 5:30-8 beginning 6-14-15.
Where: Cafe Dance | 3307 Hancock Dr. | Austin, TX 78731
When: Sunday, May 31st @ 6 pm
Fill out the submission form below to get more auditions.