Extras Casting Call for Cinemax Series Banshee
The Cinemax drama, Banshee, was renewed for a fourth season this February and is set to begin filming in near the Pittsburgh area from April through August.
Banshee filmed its first three seasons in Charlotte, NC but went looking for a new home when North Carolina legislators gutted the state’s film tax credit program in 2014. Although production is sad to say its goodbyes to North Carolina they welcome with great delight new crew and amazing locations in Pittsburgh.
Banshee centers on an ex-con and master thief, Lucas Hood, who assumes the identity of the new sheriff of Banshee, PA. Of course Hood finds it difficult to stay on the straight and narrow, very soon he finds himself pursuing criminal endeavors while enforcing his own code of justice on the criminals who are unlucky enough to make Banshee their home. The Cinemax drama is set in the sleepy and fictional town of Banshee, PA.
The show stars Anthony Starr as Lucas Hood, Ulrich Thomsen as Kai Proctor, Ivana Milicevic as Carrie Hopewell and Hoon Lee as Job. Banshee was created by Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler.
Cinemax has recently announced that season four will include Chris Coy and Matthew Rauch as season regulars. Matthew Rauch plays Clay Burton who is Kai Proctor’s bodyguard and close confidant. Chris Coy plays Calvin Bunker, the leader of a White Supremacy group in Banshee and the brother of new Deputy in town, Kurt Bunker (who is played by Tom Pelphrey).
Also joining the cast of Banshee is Eliza Dushku. Dushku will portray Agent Veronica Dawson, a very tough, sexy and shockingly reckless FBI profiler who has no shortage of personal demons and finds herself joining forces with Hood to hunt down a vicious killer.
The casting team with Mosser Casting in Pittsburgh has released a casting call for a extras to fill several roles in the upcoming filming of Banshee’s first 2 season 4 episodes. They are seeking extras between the ages of 18 to 65 to portray Hillbilly types, town folks, bar patrons, press types and hospital employees. They are especially seeking extras 18-25 to portray goth/punk types and sexy women who can wear lingerie.
To be considered for a role in ‘Banshee,’ please read the casting call provided by Mosser Casting Below:
Mosser Casting is going to be needing lots of character types for the hit Cinemax show, “Banshee” for the first couple of episodes! ***We shoot through August.
We will be filming outside the Pittsburgh area for a lot of scenes so Extras MUST have a car to get to set. The bus is not a reliable means of transportation for these locations.
The first two episodes are shooting between April 20th-May 19th, so you must have good availability during this time. (No weekends) Extras would work 1-3 days in this time span. Pay is minimum wage for the first 8 hours and time and a half after that.
So who are we looking to cast?!! (EVERYONE MUST BE 18+ YEARS OLD)
– “Hillbilly” rock/country/punk band In the vein of Joe Buck Yourself or Hank Williams III. Must have original music. $150 per member. Shoots 4/30 (Date may change)
– TOWN FOLK- these are the residents of Banshee
– BEARDED Caucasian men to play mountain men. **Let us know if you have any firearm experience
– CORE BACKGROUND – Banshee Police Department. **Must have very good availability as you may be needed several days in each episode starting April 20th-End of August.
– PRESS – Reporters, Photographers, Camera Crew, etc for a press conference scene.
– Heavily Tattooed and Pierced men and women.
– Goth/Punk types.
– Blue Collar bar patrons for a big bar scene. Described as “a little bit country and a little bit punk.” Think cowboy hats and tattoos in a mosh pit! **Let us know if you have a motorcycle or if you have any bartending or wait staff experience.
-Women 18-20 years old who are comfortable in lingerie type attire. **Some acting ability is a plus
– A REAL nurse who is able to draw blood. (Featured Extra $150)
– Caucasian Men with shaved heads and tattoos.
If interested in being considered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your picture, name, phone number, age and location. Please put whichever ROLE(S) you are interested in in the SUBJECT LINE.
We will let you know if you’re chosen!! Thanks!
Fill out the submission form below to get more auditions.