The auditions for the Orlando Magic Dancers for the 2016 – 2018 NBA season is headed your way. Orlando Magic and the Miami Heat are the two Florida based NBA teams. Here is everything you need to know on how to become a part of their team.
The NBA season consists of 82 games followed by playoffs and the championship. The team dancers are required to participate in all regular season, playoffs, and NBA finals games played in RDV Sportsplex Athletic Club, Orlando, Florida. Here are some of the requirements for the auditions:
- Female dancers must be at least 18 years of age
- Dancers must have prior dancing experience and training in hip hop and jazz. Tumbling skills are a plus but not a necessity.
- The dancer must be available for every phase of the audition. There will be zero exceptions.
- A professional photograph is not necessary; the photos you provide with your application must represent what you currently look like.
- An updated resume/portfolio.
- Must complete pre employment screening.
- The dancer must reside in central Florida or willing to relocate.
- Must have dependable transportation for appearances and rehearsals.
- Must commit to the Magic Dancers’ schedule, which includes charitable and corporate events apart from game appearances and rehearsals.
- The auditions are for a whole year commitment, if you cannot commit, do not audition.
What Should the Dancer Be Like
- Enthusiastic and energetic personality
- Maturity and professionalism
- Well spoken and can represent the team in a professional manner
- Style and good dance technique
- Team work skills
- Must be physically fit and have good appearance
For the Auditions:
- A dance or athletic half top, stomach must be showing
- Shorts, hot pants, or dance trunks (no Capris or full pants)
- Flesh tone fishnets, tights, or hose
- Performance ready make-up and hair
Audition time and date: July 23rd, Saturday, 9 am.
Location: RDV Sportsplex Gym (8701 Maitland Summit BLVD, Orlando, 32810)
- Please bring full body shot, head shot, and dance resume.
- Please bring $25 application fee.
- Participants must be able to stay as late as 8 p.m.
- Applicants will not be required to perform their own dance routines.
- It is recommended that you bring snacks, water bottle, towel, and anything that you require to freshen up and get ready for your audition.
- Applicants will be judged by appearance, fitness, ability, style, energy, projection, and strength.
Fill out the submission form below to get more auditions.